Minors – Age of Majority – Washington
Except as otherwise specifically provided by law, all persons shall be deemed and taken to be of full age for all purposes at the age of eighteen years.
Title 26, Chap. 26.28, RCW 26.28.010
Age of majority for enumerated specific purposes.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, and except as provided under RCW 26.50.020, all persons shall be deemed and taken to be of full age for the specific purposes hereafter enumerated at the age of eighteen years:
(1) To enter into any marriage contract without parental consent if otherwise qualified by law;
(2) To execute a will for the disposition of both real and personal property if otherwise qualified by law;
(3) To vote in any election if authorized by the Constitution and otherwise qualified by law;
(4) To enter into any legal contractual obligation and to be legally bound thereby to the full extent as any other adult person;
(5) To make decisions in regard to their own body and the body of their lawful issue whether natural born to or adopted by such person to the full extent allowed to any other adult person including but not limited to consent to surgical operations;
(6) To sue and be sued on any action to the full extent as any other adult person in any of the courts of this state, without the necessity for a guardian ad litem.
Title 26, Chap. 26.28, RCW 26.28.015
Married persons — When deemed of full age.
All minor persons married to a person of full age shall be deemed and taken to be of full age.
Title 26, Chap. 26.28, RCW 26.28.020
Age of Majority
18 (§26.28.010, et seq.))
By judicial petition at age 16 (§13.64.010, et seq.)
Bound for contracts for necessities; other contracts valid unless disaffirmed within
reasonable time after reaching age of majority and restitution where possible of consideration (26.28.030, et seq.)
Ability to Sue
By guardian; if 14 or over may apply himself for court-appointed guardian; if under 14 application must be made to court through relative or friend (4.08.050)
Consent to Medical Treatment